Xavier Maldague: Resume
to get the French version / pour obtenir la version française
I. Personal Data
- Name: MALDAGUE First Names: XAVIER, PIERRE, VINCENT
- Professional address:
Electrical and Computing Engineering Department
Québec City, QC
1065, avenue de la Médecine, G1V 0A6 Canada
- Phone: + 1 (418) 656 - 2962 (direct)
- Fax: + 1 (418) 656 -3594
- Web site of the Vision and Digital Systems Laboratory:
- Web site of the Canada Research Chair MiViM (Multipolar Infrared Vision Infrarouge Multipolaire):
II. Academic Degrees
- Ph. D., 1989, University Laval (Quebec City, QC, Canada), subject: Infrared thermography: approaches and image
- M. Sc. A., 1984, University Laval (Quebec City, QC, Canada), subject: Tridimensional image
- B. Sc. A., 1982, Université Laval (Quebec City, QC, Canada), including one year at the State
University of New York (SUNY-Stony Brook), subject: Electrical engineering
III. Professional background
- Institution: Université Laval, location: Québec City (Quebec), Canada, position: professor
(professor since 1998, associate: 1994-1998, assistant: 1989-1994), period: from Sept. 1989 to
now. Head of the Department of Electrical and Computing Engineering of Université Laval: 2003-2008.
- Institution: National Research Council of Canada, Industrial Materials Institute, location:
Boucherville (Quebec), Canada, positions: research associate and visiting scientist, period: from
Sept. 1984 to Sept. 1989.
- GIF-4200: under
and graduate level,, Microprogrammation and microcontrollers
- GIF-1002: under
graduate level,Digital Circuits
- GEL-7006: graduate
level,, Vision for Industrial Inspection
V. Student supervision
Current supervision (some are in co-supervision):
Graduate students having completed their degree:
- postgraduate: 6
- Ph.D.: 15
- M.Sc.: 49
Undergraduate project supervisions: 109
- Institute for Aerospace Research - National Research Council Canada
- Quebec External Affair Dept.
- FQRNT Foundation
- Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Systems (Centre of Excellence)
- ITC - CNR (Padova, Italy)
- IKP - Stuttgart University (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Université de Liège (Belgium) - coopération Québec Wallonie
- WAN - Wallonia Aeronautics Network - coopération Québec Wallonie
- industrial collaborations, see: Research expertise
- Vision and Digital System Laboratory (EE & C Dept., University Laval)
- President of IEEE - Quebec City Section, 2002-2004, 2015-2017 (Institute of
Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Member Editorial advisory committee of I.A.N.D.T. (International Advances in Non
- Member Research Council of ASNT (American Association for Non-destructive
- Can. Institute for NonDestructive Evaluation (CINDE)
- Member steering committee Thermosense - SPIE (chairman 2002-2003)
- Member and chair steering committee QIRT (Quantitative Infrared Thermography) Council
- Member of technical committee of International conference on Quality Control by Vision.
- Director of II, III and IVth, Vth and VIth, VIIth, VIIIth International Workshop on Advances in Signal Processing for Non
Destructive Evaluation of Materials, 1993 to 2017.
- QIRT-10 conferences on infrared thermography: Quebec City (2010).
- 16th International Symposium on Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, ISEM 2013
- 14th International Workshop on Advanced Infrared Technology and Applications,AITA 2017
- Member of Quebec Province Professional Engineers Association (OIQ - Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec), since 1985.
- Member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Member of CARNDE (Canadian Association for Research in Non Destructive Evalua
- Member of CINDE (Can. Institute for NonDestructive Evaluation)
- Member of ASNT (American Association for Nondestructive Testing). Member of IR/PQ
Committee (Infrared/Professional Qualifications) and of the Research Council.
VIII. Reviewers for the following journals
- Can. J. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering
- Journal of Scanning Microscopy International
- Research in Nondestructive Evaluation
- Journal of NDE
- J. QIRT
- Infrared Physics & Technology
- Optical Engineering
- infrared thermography for NonDestructive Evaluation of Materials
- industrial inspection by vision
- digital electronics and microcontrolers
- advanced educational schemes
X. Publication list
[Click here]: to access to X. Maldague publication list
CORPUS - Université Laval: pour accéder à la liste des publications de X. Maldague
Fellowship is now available to students having obtained a first or second degree in engineering ( B. Sc. A., B. Eng. or M.
Sc. A. or equivalent) and willing to pursue graduate studies to obtain a Master Degree (M. Sc. A.) or a Ph. D. Please
contact X. Maldague by email for details.
XIII. Other WWW sites of interest
Last update: Jan. 15, 2017.